The Creative Business Hub offers business training and work experience for young people seeking a career in the creative industry.
From work experience to paid internships CultureMix Arts provides the support needed for your first foray into the world of work. Our simple holistic process of developing creative talents with business skills training and real life work scenarios produces positive results to enhance your prospects of winning that coveted job.
CultureMix Arts works in partnership with schools, colleges and universities to provide talented pupils and students with access to structured training and experience working in a real life creative industry.
To be eligible you will need to be aged 15 – 25 with a passion for art, music and culture. You can be in further education or recently completed your college or university course.
Business Training Overview
Our business training is the cornerstone of all our development programmes and incorporates a broad spectrum of key transferable skills including:
- How a business works – set up and structure, roles, products, services, sales and marketing
- Office administration – efficiently run an office, manage paperwork, invoices and data storage
- Project management – plan a successful project with timelines, roles, responsibilities & budget
- Communications – deal with clients, write good emails, positively represent your company
- Marketing and promotion – key messages, social networking, reach new audiences
- Finance – create a balanced budget, produce and maintain usable spreadsheets
- Funding – learn the process of raising funds for your creative projects
- Confidence building – gain clarity on your ambitions and plan your career path to success.
Through work experience young people gain an understanding of real work scenarios. Supported by a mentor participants are encouraged to fully engage in the practical activities of a working environment.
CASE STUDY – NATHIFA JORDAN
Nathifa started with CultureMix Arts on work experience followed by an internship and a part time role as the orchestra administrator and PA to the director. The role enabled her natural passion for culture and business to flourish.
“I joined CultureMix as a Year 10 student on work experience and after working part time as the Business and Administration Manager I am now the Business Director for the company.”
Our bespoke paid internships are tailor made to suit the career path of a young person seeking to improve their employment opportunities. Transferable skills gained enable interns to apply their learning in any sector. We offer one internship per year.
From visiting schools with our tutors, to updating the website shop the diversity of our work experience programme provides a wide reaching range of new skills that stretches expectations therefore developing confidence.
Our volunteer programme provides opportunities for young people who want to give something back to their community. Working with our Business Director volunteers bring their vital skills to a not for profit organisation whilst gaining experience and support.